There are many different ways to play pool, and some people prefer to play with their left hand. While it may seem like a disadvantage, there are plenty of benefits to playing pool with your left hand. For one thing, it can help you to improve your aim. Additionally, a left-handed player often has an advantage when it comes to spin shots. In this article, we will be discussing the top 5 best left-handed pool players. If you’re left-handed and want to play pool, we also added tips and other information on how to play pool as a lefty.
Top 5 Best Left-Handed Pool Players
When it comes to pool, there are a lot of great players out there. But when you narrow it down to just the lefties, the competition gets even tougher. Here are the five best left-handed pool players in the world:
1. Efren Reyes
Efren Reyes is widely regarded to be the greatest pool player in the world. He’s a two-time World champion and has won countless other titles throughout his career. And he does it all with his left hand.
2. Shannon Daulton
Shannon Daulton is another legend in the world of pool. He’s a former World Champion and has won numerous other tournaments throughout his career. Shannon is left-handed and uses that to his advantage when he’s playing.
3. Earl Strickland
Earl Strickland is a five-time World Champion and is considered one of the best pool players in the world. He’s also left-handed, which gives him an advantage over his opponents.
4. Mika Immonen
Mika Immonen is a Finnish pool player who has won the World Championship twice. He’s also won numerous other tournaments throughout his career. And like many of the other great players on this list, Mika is left-handed.
5. Francisco Bustamante
Francisco Bustamante is a Filipino pool player who has won the World Championship three times. He’s also won numerous other tournaments throughout his career. And like many of the other great players on this list, Francisco is left-handed.
These are just a few of the best left-handed pool players in the world. If you’re looking to improve your game, you might want to consider playing with your left hand. You never know, it could give you the advantage you need to win your next game.
Advantages Of Being Left-Handed
There are several advantages to being a left-handed pool player:
- One is that you can put a spin on the cue ball more easily than right-handed players. This can be helpful when trying to control the cue ball, and also when making difficult shots.
- Another advantage is that you can see the cue ball more clearly when you are at the other end of the table. This can be helpful when planning your next shot.
- Left-handed players also tend to have an advantage over right-handed players when it comes to breaking the rack. This is because they can hit the cue ball with more power and accuracy, which can make it easier to break open the rack.
- Finally, lefties tend to have an advantage when it comes to bank shots. This is because they can hit the cue ball at a different angle, which can make the shot more difficult for their opponents.
If you’re looking to improve your pool game, consider playing with your left hand. You may be surprised at the advantages it can give you.
Disadvantages Of Being A Left-Handed Pool Player
While there are many advantages to being a left-handed pool player, there are also some disadvantages:
- One of the biggest disadvantages is that left-handed players often have trouble finding pool cues that fit their playing style. Most cues are designed for right-handed players, which can make it difficult for lefties to find the right cue for their game.
- In addition, left-handed players often have to adjust their grip and stance to properly aim and shoot at the ball. This can take some time to get used to and may not be ideal for all players.
- Finally, lefties may also have a harder time finding opponents who are willing to play against them, as most people tend to play with right-handed players.
Despite these disadvantages, there are still many left-handed players who enjoy success in the game of pool. With a little practice and patience, anyone can overcome these challenges and become a great player.
How to Play Pool As a Left-Handed Player
Playing pool as a left-handed player can be challenging, but it can also be a lot of fun. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Choose the right table. When playing pool as a left-handed player, it is important to choose a table that is set up for lefties. This will ensure that the balls are positioned in the correct spots and that the cue stick is aligned properly.
2. Learn the basics. Before you start playing pool as a lefty, it is important to learn the basics of the game. This includes understanding how to shoot balls, position them on the table, and make shots. You can find plenty of instructional videos online to help you get started.
3. Practice your shots. As with any new skill, practice is key. The more you practice shooting balls as a left-handed player, the better you will become at it. Try different techniques and shots to see what works best for you.
4. Use the right equipment. To play pool as a lefty, you need the proper equipment. This includes a left-handed pool cue and table set up for lefties. You can find these items at most sporting goods stores or online retailers.
5. Have fun! Playing pool as a lefty can be challenging, but it is also a lot of fun. Remember to relax and have some laughs while playing with friends.
There are many advantages and disadvantages to being a left-handed pool player. However, with the right equipment and practice, anyone can overcome these challenges and become a great player. So if you’re looking to improve your game, consider playing with your left hand – you may be surprised at the results. Thanks for reading!