If you’ve ever tried to move a pool table, you know it’s not an easy task. There are a few things you need to keep in mind when moving a pool table, such as disassembling the table and making sure you have enough help. In this article, we’ll give you some tips on how to move a pool table safely and efficiently.
Methods On How To Move Pool Table
There are a few different ways that you can move a pool table. You can either use a professional moving company, rent a truck and do it yourself or get help from friends.
Professional Moving Company
If you are using a professional moving company, they will likely charge by the hour. Make sure to get an estimate beforehand so that you know what to expect. Be prepared for the movers to be very careful with your table, as it is a heavy and valuable piece of furniture.
When choosing a moving company, be sure to ask them about their experience in moving pool tables. Not all companies have experience in doing this type of move, so it’s important to choose one that does. In addition, be sure to get quotes from several different companies before making a decision. This will help ensure that you’re getting the best price possible.
Renting A Truck And Doing It Yourself
If you’re moving a pool table yourself, you’ll need to rent a truck large enough to fit the table. Make sure to measure the table before renting the truck, as you don’t want to end up with one that’s too small.
Once you have the truck, it’s time to start loading it up. Be very careful when doing so, as you don’t want to damage the table. If possible, try to get help from friends or family members who can give you a hand.
When everything is loaded up, it’s time to hit the road. Drive carefully and make sure to take your time getting to your destination.
Getting Help From Friends
If you don’t want to rent a truck or hire a moving company, you can always get help from friends. This is the cheapest option, but it can also be the most time-consuming.
The best way to do this is to get as many people as possible to help you. Have them meet you at your house on moving day and start loading up the table. Again, be very careful when doing so, as you don’t want to damage the table.
Once everything is loaded up, it’s time to hit the road. Drive carefully and make sure to take your time getting to your destination.
Disassembling The Pool Table
When it comes time to move a pool table, the process of disassembling it can seem daunting. However, if you take your time and follow these simple steps, you can have it taken apart in no time.
1. Loosen the bolts that attach the table to the floor. There may be four or more bolts holding the table in place.
2. Flip the table over so that it is resting on its frame. This will give you easier access to the screws that hold the slate together.
3. Remove the screws that hold the slate together. There will likely be six or eight screws in total.
4. Lift one end of the slate and remove it from the other end. Be careful not to drop the slate, as it can be easily damaged.
5. Repeat the process for the other half of the slate.
6. Disconnect the rails from the table body. There will likely be four or six screws that need to be removed.
7. Lift the table body off of the rails and set it aside.
8. Disconnect the legs from the table body. There will likely be four or more screws that need to be removed.
9. Set the legs aside and you are done!
Reassembling The Pool Table
Assuming you have a pool table that needs to be reassembled, here are the steps you need to take:
1. Gather all of the necessary supplies. This includes the pool table, felt, screws, tools, and anything else that might be required.
2. Start by attaching the legs to the pool table. Make sure they are level and secure before moving on.
3. Next, attach the rails to the sides of the pool table. Again, make sure they are level and secure before moving on.
4. Once the rails are in place, it’s time to add the felt. Start by stapling it in place around the perimeter of the pool table. Then, use a roller to smooth it out.
5. Next, add the slate to the pool table. Start by attaching one end and then working your way to the other. Again, make sure it is level and secure before moving on.
6. Finally, flip the pool table over and attach it to the floor. Make sure the bolts are tight and that the table is level.
7. Once everything is in place, you’re ready to start playing!
As you can see, there are a few different ways that you can go about moving a pool table. The most important thing is to take your time and be careful not to damage the table. With a little bit of effort, you can have it moved in no time!
There are a few things to consider when deciding the best way to move a pool table.
- The first is the size and weight of the table. A full-size pool table can weigh over 1000 pounds, so it’s important to make sure that you have enough help to safely move it.
- The second is the type of surface the pool table is on. If the table is on a hardwood floor, you’ll need to be careful not to damage the floor while moving it.
- Finally, you’ll need to decide whether you want to disassemble the pool table or leave it assembled. Disassembling the pool table will make it easier to move, but it’s more work than leaving it assembled.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to take your time and be careful not to damage the table. With a little bit of effort, you can have it moved in no time!